Parent Peter Cordingley provides a list of suggested reforms.
From: "Cordingley, Mr Peter \(WPRO\)"
Congratulations to everyone on an achievement that at times this week seemed beyond our reach. I think we have good reason to be proud of how our goal of seeking justice was pursued in such a transparent and fair-minded manner.
In an informal exchange of emails at the World Health Organization this morning, some ideas were put forward on how to avoid a repeat of the crisis. Among them (in no particular order):
1. An end to the use of proxies in elections.
2. The constitution must be rewritten to keep the board out of the day-to-day administration of the school.
3. Greater effort must be made to ensure the non-English-speaking members of the ISM community understand that they too are stakeholders and that their views are important.
4. All board minutes must be promptly and transparently shared with the ISM community.
5. A mechanism is needed to ensure that a representative range of people stand for election.
6. There should be opportunities to meet the candidates.